Meetings Open to the Public
- The next meeting open to the public will be on October 17, 2023 from 4:30 to 8:00 PM at the UOG Jesus and Eugenia Leon Guerrero Building.
Public meetings will be provided at regular intervals to update the community on the Guam HCP’s development and provide opportunities for members of the public to ask questions about the HCP.
Information about upcoming public meetings will be posted on this website and distributed to the project mailing list as they are scheduled.
The Guam HCP is being developed in collaboration with the Steering Committee, a group of local agencies and organizations.
The HCP team (the University of Guam, the Guam Department of Agriculture, and the ICF consultant team) will host periodic meetings for stakeholder groups to provide them with information on the HCP’s development process. These groups are organized by general interests (e.g., business and development, environment and culture, government agencies, and elected officials). The first round of stakeholder meetings occurred between February and April 2022. The first stakeholder meetings included presentations providing an overview of the federal and Guam Endangered Species Acts and the HCP process, updates on the development of the Guam HCP, and information about the proposed covered species (i.e., species for which take authorization is requested).
Click here to view these presentations.
The groups listed below have been identified as participants in the stakeholder groups.
Business and Development
- Ancestral Lands Commission
- Chamoru Land Trust
- Guam Contractors Association
- Guam Department of Land Management
- Guam Economic Development Authority (GEDA)
- Guam Hotel and Restaurant Association
- Guam Realtors Associations
- Guam Visitors Bureau
- Guam Strategic Development Regional Center
- Rotary Club
- Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- Guam Chamber of Commerce
- IINXSS enterprises
Environment and Culture
- Center for Biological Diversity/Earthjustice
- Guam Nature Alliance
- Guam Preservation Trust
- Guam Youth Climate Strike
- Humtak Community Foundation
- I Hagan Famalåo’an Guåhan
- Kumsion I Fino’ CHamoru
- Prutehi Litekyan
- PCR Envrionmental
- EA Engineering
- Dueñas, Camacho & Associates (DCA)
- Stanley Consultants
- ACR Environmental Service
- Allied Pacific Environmental Consulting (APEC) Guam
- Island Eco Services
- Taniguchi Ruth Makio Architects (TRMA)
- University of Guam Sea Grant
- Western Environmental Research Institute (WERI)
- Western Pacific Tropical Research Center (WPTRC)
- Cooperative Extension and Research Services
- Micronesian Area Research Center (MARC)
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Department of Parks and Recreation
- Guam Appeals Court
- Guam Mayors Council
- Guam Historic Preservation Division
- Cooperative Extension and Research Services (UOG)
- U.S. Department of Defense
- U.S. National Park Service
An HCP’s steering committee is the oversight body that provides overall direction and advisory input for the HCP process.
- Guam Department of Agriculture, Division of Aquatic and Wildlife Resources
- Guam Department of Agriculture, Division of Forestry and Soil Resources
- Guam Department of Public Works
- United States Fish and Wildlife Service, Mariana Islands
- Guam Bureau of Statistics and Plans, Guam Coastal Management Program
- Guam Waterworks Authority
- Guam Power Authority
- Northern Guam Soil and Water Conservation District
- Southern Guam Soil and Water Conservation District
- Guam Environmental Protection Agency